Two gas pipelines and a 30,000 horsepower compressor station are planned to be built in an area less than two miles away from the village of Franklin. The (potential) presence of these pipelines and compressor station will cause a considerable risk for our health, roads and property values.
Following is a list of actions you can take to help protect your interest.
- Sign the Compressor Free Franklin (CFF) petition.
- Register to vote in Franklin. For details go to: www.elections.ny.gov/VotingRegister.html
- Come to CFF meetings – see our calendar for dates and location.
- Participate in CFF actions.
- Come to Town Board (TB) meetings – see the Franklin Local calendar for dates and locations.
- Come to Village Board (VB) meetings.
- Write to town supervisor.
- Write to the Mayor of the village of Franklin.
- Call DEC, FERC, Governor Cuomo
- Send a ‘letter to the editor’ of the local media
- Make a donation to CFF. Make your check payable to Compressor Free Franklin and send it to P.O.Box 885, Franklin, NY 13775 or use our online form to donate.
If you don’t have much time but want to support us, the simplest thing to do is signing our petition. The more people sign our petition, the more clout we have. To sign our petition, click on the ‘sign our petition’ button on our website.